Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you’ll be doing
The objective of the Digital Analytics Specialist role is to conduct analysis into our customers' behavior across our digital properties, with a particular focus on Velocity Frequent Flyer, the award-winning loyalty program of Virgin Australia. This role will generate deep insight into members interactions with Velocity’s digital ecosystem to inform product roadmaps, drive digital transformation and our personalisation strategy.
The role sits within the Digital Analytics team. We play an integral role in driving digital transformation through intelligent use of digital customer data. We look after analytics implementation, conduct deep-drive behavioural analysis into the digital customer journey, and produce reporting across the digital product portfolio as well as marketing campaign performance.
**This is a 12 month full time contract with a view to extension. Ideally the role requires you to be based in Brisbane but we're happy to consider people based in Sydney/Melbourne (remote work)**
- Lead exploratory analyses to uncover customer insights to improve the digital customer experience; look beyond the numbers to articulate the “So what” element of the data
- Build comprehensive reporting dashboards based on digital analytics tagging that you have helped to configure and deploy
- Proactively surface insight and data to inform digital experience design, delivery and strategy, and feed into executive reports/updates. Democratize the data for your stakeholders and ensure it's being used to maximum effect!
- Work with digital implementation specialist and tech teams to deploy tagging and analytics configuration across the Velocity site and mobile app
- Leverage knowledge of martech landscape to drive best practice measurement, and ensure end-to-end user tracking is in place from offsite through to onsite/conversion
- Experience or understanding of digital product delivery and working with agile delivery teams, and ability to provide and recommend analytics requirements as part of product build for websites and mobile apps
- Curiosity in solving problems and getting to the bottom of challenges. Being comfortable with frequent context switching.
- Hustle and entrepreneurial mindset to think outside the box to help better understand the importance of the digital channel
You’ll be great in this role if you have…
- 4-5 yrs working in data and analytics roles, and processing/transforming complex datasets
- Data driven background, with experience in using web analytics tools to analyse the customer journey online, generate actionable insight and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience working and problem solving in fast moving, agile delivery environments
- Strong understanding of web analytics, campaign tracking, knowledge of tag management systems and data layers
- Experience in using data and insights to grow member acquisition numbers and drive member experience improvement
- Strong Excel experience and a statistical mindset
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex data solutions
Desirable but not essential…
- Experience in Adobe Experience Cloud, Adobe Analytics and TealiumIQ is highly desirable
- SQL or Python coding to process customer analytics data
- Experience in a retail or commerce environment
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Flexible Hybrid working arrangements
- Discounted flights for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Discounts on travel insurance, lounge membership, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Cheaper hospitality, retail, technology, beauty and wellness services
- Free counselling and access to a wellbeing app to support your physical, mental, social and financial health
- Dress for Your Day’ – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever makes you feel great for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you.
When everyone is included, everyone wins
We’re all individuals. And we love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now