Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
About Virgin Australia Regional Airlines (VARA)
VARA operates out of Perth Airport and has a fleet of F100 aircraft and A320 aircraft that predominantly conduct charter operations throughout regional Western Australia. VARA has continued to operate through COVID-19 and beyond to support our major clients in the mining industry and the future is exciting and prosperous.
The Flight Operations Department is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of VARA aircraft and in doing so, ensures a high level of compliance with agency rules appropriate to its operations. Additionally, Flight Operations ensures its personnel and operations comply with those policies to ensure high levels of safety and customer deliverables are achieved.
About the role
The objective of the Leader, Crew Performance role is to lead and oversee people-related functions of the Pilot and Cabin Crew groups. The role will be responsible for Crew engagement, discipline and performance management, and conduct of workplace investigations in accordance with Virgin Australia and regulatory policy.
Key role responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation of strategies targeted on Crew engagement
- Act as the first line of Company representation on Crew Grievances managing these in accordance with company and EBA processes
- Ensure Crew performance management is conducted in accordance with documented polices
- Monitor and manage Crew personal /sick leave balances and accruals
Ensure leave management process are in place to facilitate the delivery of leave targets
- Under direction from the Manager Crew Performance, ensure that Crew resource levels are maintained at adequate levels to support business requirements
- Facilitate a recruitment pipeline that integrates into the manpower planning projections, ensuring appropriately experienced and qualified Crew are available to meet current activities and future growth
Let’s get to know you
- Knowledge of the aviation regulatory structure
- Formal HR qualifications and/or comparable experience
- Experience working within the Fair Work framework, ideally in the aviation industry
- EBA/union experience (desirable)
- Strong exposure to people management, team leadership and relationship building
- Ability to drive business outcomes through data-driven analysis
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards of quality
- Ability to communicate and be ‘relatable’ at all levels of our business
- A strong focus on engagement – building a ‘team’ culture
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Hybrid work environment between our Perth HQ and Perth Airport office at Terminal 1
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.