- Key technical role within Virgin Engineering Technical Operations Team
- Rare opportunity to join a rapidly expanding, much loved airline
- Full time permanent role with flexible working
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
With the airline well and truly ramped up again, and a growing fleet of Boeing 737 aircraft (our fleet has already grown by more than 50% in the past two years, and we expect more to come) a rare opportunity has opened for the Leader of Maintenance Watch to join our Technical Operations team.
What you’ll be doing:
In this pivotal leadership role, you will provide leadership for the Maintenance Watch Team and provide effective oversight of the day-to-day Engineering issues affecting aircraft dispatch and operation. This involves managing Maintenance Watch activities, AOG aircraft recovery, technical advice to flight crew and maintenance providers, defect deferral and rectification functions and notifications of all aircraft limitations and significant maintenance events to the Integrated Operations team and the CAMO.
Additionally, you will also be responsible for:
- Monitoring the performance and effectiveness of Maintenance Watch functions and implementing system and process changes to improve safety, compliance, cost, and performance outcomes.
- Ensuring the teams compliance with Virgin Australia’s Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition, Engineering Business Procedures, and applicable Work Instructions.
- Maintaining quality oversight through completion of all routine and ad-hoc investigation and audit requirements
- Ensuring effective communication is maintained between Maintenance Watch and relevant departments in support of the operation.
- Maintaining Maintenance Watch as the focal point for technical issues affecting the day of operations.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Hold, or have held, an aircraft engineer license in category B1 and/or B2 or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Hold at least 10 years’ experience in an engineering/aircraft maintenance environment with demonstrated experience within a Maintenance Watch or Leadership role
- Have general knowledge and understanding of the roles and functions of departments within an airlines Integrated Operation Centre (IOC)
- Hold comprehensive knowledge of the aircraft's structure and systems, including the propulsion system for aircraft/engine types operated by the airline, or aircraft of a similar complexity
- Have a demonstrated knowledge of the CASR Part 42 Continuing Airworthiness Regulations
- Are an intermediate user with Microsoft Office applications
- Have excellent verbal and written skills together with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Are able to prioritize work requirements in an operationally fluid environment
- Have successfully built, development and managed a successful team
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
We’re all individuals. We love that. And want we you to be yourself too. Whoever that is. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI community, and anyone else who wants to join our rich, diverse family.
At the Virgin Australia Group, the safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to be a part of Virgin Australia’s Engineering Technical Operations team, then submit your application now for this exciting opportunity.