Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
The Design & Workplace Manager leads the property accommodation solutions for our workplaces and operational spaces for Virgin Australia Group in line with Virgin’s design guidelines and fit out standards.
Who we’re looking for:
A high performing Fitout Designer, Design Manager or Workplace Strategy professional with proven success in delivering multiple and sometimes complex workplace solutions across a broad range of sites.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be managing built environment solutions and strategic accommodation activities, focusing on optimizing function and utilisation efficiencies across all Virgin Australia facilities. The role is accountable for developing design briefs, scoping project requirements and , management of design documentation and project delivery including managing project consultants on small and large projects. In addition, this role manages workplace ergonomics program, space utilisation activities, space change requests and occupancy management including operational and staff relocations.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Come with a minimum 5yrs experience working in Design, Project Management or Workspace strategy industry
- Have extensive experience in workspace planning, accommodation management, property strategy and forecasting, post-occupancy evaluations, workplace ergonomics, project delivery
- Possess a solid understanding of the Building Code of Australia, relevant Australian and International Standards, WH&S, legal compliance, sustainability and environmental guidelines
- Have comprehensive knowledge of products, design, building materials and construction process
- Are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite, MS Project and ArchiCAD software
- Enjoy and have proven success in communicating at all levels with key internal and external stakeholders and managing change
- Have design management experience together with project delivery experience
- Have a Tertiary qualification in Bachelor of Built Environment/Bachelor of Design, Architecture or Construction
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply? We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.