- Engineer role within our Technical Operations Team
- Rare opportunity to join a rapidly expanding, much loved airline
- Full time permanent role
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
With the airline well and truly ramped up again, and a growing fleet of Boeing 737 aircraft (our fleet has already grown by more than 50% in the past two years, and we expect more to come) a rare opportunity has opened for a Defect Support Engineer to join our Technical Operations team.
What you will be doing:
As a Defect Support Engineer you will provide effective solutions for all operational tail specific issues reported within the Technical Operations group. This includes the assessment, coordination and preparation of open defects for rectification, as well as coordinating responses and actions in relation to guest, crew and safety related complaints.
You may also provide support to Line Planning, Maintenance Watch and MRO’s for troubleshooting and recovery of AOG aircraft.
What you need to be successful:
- Hold, or have held, an aircraft engineer license in category B1 and/or B2 or equivalent; or a qualification in aircraft maintenance at least at certificate IV level; or an engineering qualification at least at diploma level in any of the following disciplines: (i) aeronautical; (ii) avionics; (iii) mechanical; (iv) electrical
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in engineering/aircraft maintenance
- Basic ability with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated ability to assess scenarios and plan outcomes in the most effective manner
- To prioritize work requirements in an operationally fluid environment
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of the aircraft’s structure and systems, including the propulsion system for aircraft/engine types operated by the airline, or of similar aircraft type and complexity
- Working knowledge of OEM maintenance manuals and documentation
- A solid understanding of the CASR Part 42 Continuing Airworthiness Regulations
What you’ll get from us:
- Great fares – domestic and international travel benefits for you, your family and your friends.
- Industry discounts – lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, and retail – you name it, we have a deal for it.
- Health and wellbeing – access to discounted fitness programs.
- Corporate health insurance – multiple offers across multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
- Diverse career paths and career development.
We’re all individuals. We love that. And want we you to be yourself too. Whoever that is. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI community, and anyone else who wants to join our rich, diverse family.
At the Virgin Australia Group, the safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to be a part of the Technical Operations team, then we encourage you to submit your application now!