Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
About Virgin Australia Regional Airlines (VARA)
VARA is headquartered in Perth and predominantly conducts charter and regional operations in Western Australia. One of VARA core business functions is provision of essential air services to major mining companies and we have an unwavering commitment to deliver exceptional customer service, innovative solutions, and consistent guest experiences across the network. VARA has been on a growth trajectory and the future is exciting and prosperous.
What you’ll be doing:
One primary function of the Charter Contracts and Program Manager role in VARA is to support Executive General Manager VARA, Head of Commercial and Charter Performance and VARA Senior Leadership Team in directly managing and progressing strategic and business improvement initiatives across the VARA business. This includes work programs ranging from business transformation, fleet inductions, and critical infrastructure delivery.
The role is also heavily involved in commercial tender submissions to grow VARA’s revenue portfolio and provides independent oversight of charter revenue contracts.
This is a highly visible and diverse role with significant influence and delivery impact.
This role is a 12 month maximum term contract.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Are a team player who is able to work effectively with a large stakeholder group in leading and managing cross-functional projects and business priorities
- Have knowledge of project management principles and methodologies
- Proven ability to successfully manage large, multiple programs of work concurrently
- Can influence people and make effective decisions
- Are a master at producing business cases, project documents and presentations in a concise language
- Ability to work autonomously and consistently demonstrate a sustained high level of initiative, commitment and productivity
- Have knowledge and experience of contract management (desirable)
- Have a detailed understanding of the Aviation industry (desirable)
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply? We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.