Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
Who we’re looking for:
A high performing WHS professional who enjoys a collaborative and partnered approach to ensuring a safe working environment across all divisions of Virgin Australia.
What you’ll be doing:
Ensuring the Company’s safety objectives are achieved by supporting and contributing to the continuous development of the Group WHS Management System through the research, analysis and application of statutory obligations and best practice.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in health and safety with Aviation, resource, or energy sectors.
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience implementing systems and risk management programs within industry.
- Come with extensive experience in Safety Leadership, with proven ability to coach and influence stakeholder management skills. Demonstrated experience implementing a safety management system in large complex organisation.
- Come with knowledge of leading incident investigation
- Come with knowledge and experience of WHS system auditing and action development
- Enjoy and have proven success in analysing and reporting to multiple stakeholders on safety performance metrics and trends.
- Have extensive experience in the development and delivery of change management programs.
- Highly developed research, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Take pride in your demonstrated decision-making capability including the ability to identify, analyse and devise pragmatic solutions to complex and impactful situations
- Are a natural at developing and maintaining relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Have experience working with unions and consultative groups
- Understand hazard identification and risk assessment processes
- Have demonstrated experience with change and project management.
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply? We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.