Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way)
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little differently. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
About the role:
The Revenue Management team is expanding, and we have multiple full-time and fixed-term opportunities available.
Based out of the Virgin Australia HQ in South Brisbane, the Revenue Optimisation Analyst exists within the Commercial Division and will take charge of optimising revenue outcomes for your portfolio and our wider network. Your focus will involve skilfully managing demand forecasts, class availability, and flight operations through our advanced Revenue Management Systems (Revenue Optimiser (RO), SSI). From 331 days before departure all the way through until the day of departure, you will oversee all flights within your portfolio.
Leveraging your analytical prowess, you will conduct thorough market and competitor analyses, identifying trends that will drive strategies.
With ownership of your portfolio, you will collaborate proactively with various departments, consistently proposing enhancements to amplify revenue results across approximately 6 markets. This role offers a unique opportunity to wield direct influence over revenue outcomes and contribute significantly to the overall prosperity of the company.
- Achieve market performance targets/budgets for an identified set of markets
- Ensure the demand forecast is optimal, and the correct strategies are in place across your portfolio of markets to achieve the best revenue outcome at the network level (both leg & O&D level)
- Utilise all available reports and external sources to understand your market performance and the economic environment in which it is operating.
- Use the understanding of your markets to define and implement strategies in the revenue management systems (RO, SSI)
- Track success of strategies implemented and share results
- Work in conjunction with the Commercial Analytics team in the creation or enhancement of existing reports to guide strategies and measure performance
- Continually review your flight level forecasts to ensure that they reflect the optimal settings given the current environment and performance.
- Conduct pre- and post-departure analysis adjust demand forecasts as appropriate and communicate results.
- Involvement in budgeting and business planning process as required.
What we're looking for:
- Commercial experience in a numerical or analytical role
- Airline Revenue Management (or other travel industry) experience
- Commercial airline experience
- RO system user experience
- Sabre SSI and/OR other RM system experience
- Intermediate Excel
- Experience in business analysis, business process mapping and process improvement
- Demonstrated experience in business application change control
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and implementing change control processes
- Experience in liaising with a broad range of internal and external customers to deliver the required solution or project
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to);
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year).
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home).
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide.
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership.
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts.
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform.
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial.
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you.
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.