Environmental, Social and Governance
Procurement Centre of Excellence Team
Max Term Contract 12 months
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little differently. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
A collaborative and consultative procurement professional who will lead the delivery of Virgin Australia’s ESG commitments across all Source to Pay activities. Your experience would span the Source to Pay life cycle and you will hold experience in category management, strategic sourcing, procurement governance, and strategy. Someone who understands regulatory compliance with the ability to design and mature governance frameworks. As an advisor and educator, you will be passionate about facilitating the adoption of new processes across our procurement community.
The Procurement team welcomes driven, reliable, independent, and resilient people who are passionate about making the end-to-end procurement journey easy. Some
What you’ll be doing:
As part of the Group’s Procurement Centre of Excellence Team, you will support the delivery of the procurement strategy and related ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) commitments. You will work across three Procurement Portfolio teams and the Procurement Operations team and be the glue binding the group together.
Additionally you will also:
- Spearhead the implementation of Virgin Australia's ESG strategy across the Source to Pay lifecycle, focusing on VA's commitments relating to Modern Slavery and the company's Reconciliation Action Plan;
- Ensure compliance with its procurement-related commitments under the Payment Times Reporting Scheme and its obligations to the Queensland Investment Corporation;
- Develop and implement a consistent risk management program across the Source to Pay lifecycle, and monitor and maintain the enterprise risk register ensuring risk treatments are addressed in timeously
- Operationalise ESG and risk management initiatives within the Source to Pay Lifecycle
- Identify training gaps and develop a training needs analysis
- Develop and deliver BAU training spanning the S2P lifecycle and a broad Procurement Community of Practice
- Develop and implement a program of work to ensure VA's procurement assets are refreshed regularly
- Lead the optimisation of the Category Management Framework, Sourcing Framework, Purchasing Framework, and Supplier Performance Management Framework
- Champion the adoption of ISO2400 principles into our ways of working
- Ensure a high level of awareness across the PCoP on topics such as Modern Slavery and VAs RAP
- Advise the Procurement Leadership Team (PLT) on changing legislative and statuary compliance requirements, risk observations, and continuous improvement opportunities.
What you need to be successful:
- Hold a tertiary qualification in either commerce or law with a procurement or supply chain focus
- Have strong commercial acumen which you developed in a supply chain/procurement context within a large organisation
- Previously lead strategic sourcing and category management practices and processes
- Hold a working knowledge of the legislative and statutory requirements relevant to public and private enterprise supply chains; e.g. Modern Slavery, Payment Times Reporting Scheme, etc
- The ability to build, develop and grow solid stakeholder relationships and advanced influencing, communication, and negotiation skills
- Have successfully facilitated and delivered training programs
- Demonstrated project management skills
What you will get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and working from home up to two days per week)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
You might end up with a group title, but you’re all individuals. We love that. And want you to be yourself. Whoever that is. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, those of you with disabilities, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI community, and anyone else who wants to join our rich, diverse culture.
At the Virgin Australia Group, the safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to be a part of the Virgin Australia Procurement Team, then we encourage you to submit your application now!