About the role:
Be the subject matter expert on a portfolio of markets and implement pricing strategies to achieve extraordinary results. Join a data-driven team who are continually striving to achieve the best revenue results.
This role is part of the Revenue Management department. Their roles have a significant and direct impact on the bottom line. They are responsible for ensuring perishable seat inventory (seats on our fleet of aircraft) is sold to the right customer for the right price at the right time. A seat that goes empty can never be sold again, so their challenge is to extract the maximum possible return for each seat.
- Utilise data and insights to create proactive and reactive pricing strategies that will drive revenue improvements for your portfolio.
- Monitor competitor activity in the market and prepare a timely response for key markets / channels.
- Analyse data and external sources to understand key drivers of market performance and opportunities.
- Review RM reporting on a regular basis to make data driven decisions and pricing recommendations.
- Report on success of pricing strategies / campaigns in market.
- Liaise with the pricing distribution team and internal departments for fare queries and commercial intent.
- Work closely with the pricing distribution team to file and action private fares and campaigns, rule changes and complicated filings.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in airline pricing.
- Experience in advanced airline pricing and fare coding via ATPCO Fares and Ticketing experience in Travel Agent or Airline Reservations environment.
- Proven experience in using data to create strategic pricing initiatives.
- Strong innovation focus and analytical skills.
- Intermediate Excel skills (pivot tables, look ups etc).
- High attention to detail.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Knowledge of Australian Domestic and International markets and competitors (beneficial).
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Business/Analytics/Commerce.
About Virgin Australia:
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
The Group took flight under new ownership in 2020, with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates, premium leisure travellers and holiday makers. Since November 2020, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. We have simplified our organisational structure, confirmed a large number of additional 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet - ready to ramp up flying and meet the pent-up demand for domestic travel as soon as the opportunity presents itself.
At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts.