About the role:
As a member of the Central Reservations Control (CRC) team, you will be part of a specialist team of System Analysts who are focused on providing high quality support, maintenance and improvement of the core reservation, departure control and associated airline systems. Your role will predominantly be focused on the technical implementations of our Codeshare, Interline and GDS partners.
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders on all aspects of the technical implementation of Codeshare, Interline and GDS partnerships.
- Subject Matter Expert in all aspects of Codeshare, Interline and GDS systems.
- Timely identification, resolution and escalation (where required) of system issues.
- Identify opportunities to improve our core reservations and related systems.
- System configuration and testing.
- Actively participate in workshops, vendor calls and airline industry forums.
- Some out of hours support may be required when dealing with stakeholders from other time zones.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Previous Airline, Travel Agency, IT Supplier or related experience.
- Working knowledge of Airline Passenger Service Systems (PSS) and/or Global Distribution Systems (GDS).
- Proven skills with airline reservation systems and web-based products.
- Demonstrated skills in system support or delivery.
- Background in aviation standards and processes.
- Knowledge of GDS or Interline/Codeshare partnerships
- Proactive attitude with analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to operate autonomously.
- Experience of working in a team environment, the ability to collaborate, communicate and work with others is essential
About Virgin Australia:
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.