Strategy and Planning Associate
Job no: 505158
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Consulting and Strategy, Business Improvement, Business Performance
The objective of the Strategy and Planning Associate is to develop and embed the Group Strategy and lead major cross functional projects throughout the business which are key to rebuilding a highly successful organisation.
The Strategy & Business Development group is a high calibre team that the business relies heavily upon to define what winning looks like for Virgin Australia, solve important organisational challenges and provide robust decision support. In this role, you will report directly to the GM of Strategy and Business Development and work closely with the Chief Strategy & Transformation Officer and most other commercial and operational business leaders.
2021 is an exciting time for Virgin Australia as our tourism industry begins to recover from the impact of COVID-19. The Group took flight under new ownership last year, with a renewed sense of identity and focus on its mid-market heartland. We are ramping up our flying schedule as border restrictions ease, refreshing our offering to our core customers, and continuing to deliver the uniquely Virgin customer experience Australians know and love.
- Define and refine what it will take for the new Virgin Australia to be successful, how we best position ourselves for our guests and how we will measure up against the competition
- Identify, scope out and support in the delivery of major transformational initiatives
- Provide ad-hoc decision support in high stakes, high priority business decisions Approach unique business challenges in a strategic, focused way
- Apply critical strategic thinking to inform important short, medium and long term decisions
- Identify, evaluate and produce business cases for new lines of business, scale-up opportunities and strategic alliances
- Apply robust financial analysis, including airline operating economics, to inform strategic opportunities
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience as a management consultant or in an airline strategic planning function
- Aviation economics and key success drivers
- Aviation competitive landscape is highly advantageous
- Complex financial modelling experience
- Strong Commercial acumen
- Excellent Communications Skills
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for, don't delay, apply today
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close : E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now