The Solution Architect - Digital Channels defines the technology capability for their domain, either a specific Business area (eg Airline Operations) or a Technology domain (eg Integration Services). The Architect maintains the technology roadmaps for their domain and provides governance over the design of solutions deployed in their domain.
We have two newly created opportunities for experienced Domain/Solutions Architects:
Solution Architect - Digital Channels
This role does not require Airline experience; needs experience in:
- Designing solutions spanning our digital platforms including our Web sites, Mobile apps, Chatbots & Virtual Assistants
- Experienced in digital marketing platforms including Abobe Experience Manager and Customer Data platforms
Domain Architect - Commercial & Distribution
Airline experience highly regarded - much of this work involves the Sabre merchandising, reservations & ticketing, GDSs etc; alternatively, someone with good experience in retailing systems is next best option. The work spans:
- The systems and processes for selling airline products including the Internet Booking Engine, Merchandising, Revenue management, Distribution
What you'll be doing:
- Design customer-centric IT solutions, aligned to VA’s technology standards and Enterprise Architecture
- Accurately estimate the cost to implement and support the solutions (eg for Business Cases)
- Provide guidance to the software development teams, ensuring systems are built in accordance with the solution designs
- Maintain 2-3 year roadmaps for the business systems and underlying technology platforms
- Proactively identify opportunities to rationalise and improve VA’s technology assets
- Actively seek and maintain productive relationships with relevant business stakeholders to ensure internal and external customer centricity drives all decision making
- Actively review customer and stakeholder feedback to ensure solutions and strategies continued to deliver required outcomes
- Develop re-usable reference architectures to ensure consistency in solution designs
What we're looking for:
- Extensive technical breadth gained through experience in multiple domains - application architecture, infrastructure, data, security
- Extensive experience working in Agile project delivery teams
- Leading others through technology changes and adoption of modern ways of designing and building IT systems
- Delivering in a variety supplier models, including managed services with offshore resources
- Automating deployment (CD/CI) pipelines
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in IT roles
- Modern API platforms, development methods
- Advanced understanding of solution design frameworks to ensure effective structures and patterns are being utilised to deliver the business requirements
- Advanced knowledge of modern software development technologies and methods, particularly RESTful services, .js and the Java Spring boot framework.
- Software development frameworks eg Springboot
2021 is an exciting time for Virgin Australia as our tourism industry begins to recover from the impact of COVID-19. The Group took flight under new ownership last year, with a renewed sense of identity and focus on its mid-market heartland. We are ramping up our flying schedule as border restrictions ease, refreshing our offering to our core customers, and continuing to deliver the uniquely Virgin customer experience Australians know and love.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.