About the role:
Virgin Australia is seeking to employ an experienced, self-motivated and passionate People Safety Specialist.
The objective of the People Safety Compliance Specialist role is to oversee the Virgin Australia Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Management System and ensure best practise prevention is being applied, safety outcomes are achieved, and effective processes are in place to ensure legislative compliance.
The position is based at the Brisbane Airport and within this role, you will work closely with the People Safety and Wellbeing Manager.
The position is built around several pillars inclusive of:
- Using specialised practical procedures, knowledge, techniques, and learned skills to manage the safety assurance scheduled and special purpose audit program including 45001 and Comcare legislative requirements for WHS
- Oversight of WHS compliance and auditing, providing specialist advice on the development and implementation of effective corrective and preventative actions for audit findings and gaps as well as the overall continuous development of the WHS Management System
- Demonstrated compliance with the Corporate Risk document suite
- Mentoring leaders to ensure consistent approach across all divisions and locations
- Provide analysis, reporting and insights to support effective decision making and compliance outcomes.
- Provision of reports and documentation for internal and external reporting requirements including PSRRC, MSRRC, ESRRC and BSRRC
- Produce in-depth reports from external audits, detailing identified gaps, potential implications and corrective action plans for Group
- Manage the ongoing development of the People Safety SMS
- Contractor Management – Audit and review contractual agreements, Safety management Systems, processes and procedures for safety compliance of contractors
- Maintain oversight of VA Care and Incident Reporting ensuing accuracy
- Manage and support special projects as directed by the People Safety & Wellbeing Manager
You will find further information on the key responsibilities in the attached position description.
You will possess:
- Certification in systems auditing
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience within a similar role in a safety division.
- Extensive experience in development of WHS management systems
- In-depth knowledge of WHS standards and management systems
- Understanding of workplace hazards and principals of identification and analysis Previous experience with data, statistical and risk analysis
- Familiarity with airline systems application and web-based products
- Coordination of audits
- Experience in the development of management reports.
- Demonstrated change management experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate complex thoughts and ideas clearly
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to link multiple tasks within a system of work.
- Understanding the Virgin Australia Safety Management System.
- Demonstrated understanding of legislation, regulations and WHS standards including best practice.
- An understanding of best practice and leading-edge initiatives.
- Operate calmly under pressure and manage stress effectively
- Remain flexible and supportive of change
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail with the ability to prioritise efficiently
For further information about the People Safety Specialist role, please refer to the position description.
People Safety Specialist - PD.pdf
You are welcome to direct your queries to the Talent Acquisition Leader, Al Waldron - Al.Waldron@virginaustralia.com. Please also liaise with your direct leader.