Job no: 504742
Work type: Full Time
Location: Australia Wide, Brisbane, Sydney
Categories: Other IT, Business Analysis, Software Engineers, Network and Systems Administration, IT Infrastructure, IT Support, Systems Analysts, Project/Program/Portfolio Management, Developers/Programmers, Testing Analytics, IT Security, Internet Booking Engine
Front End React Web Developer
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
The objective of the Front End React Web Developer is to work within our Internet Booking Engine team to customise the front end of our guest booking application on VA.com. The role involves developing front end solutions as directed by the product owners of the Internet Booking Engine Team using leading development practices and cutting-edge technologies, which will provide additional value to our guests and helps Virgin Australia to be Australia’s favourite airline.
You will be required to:
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Take the initiative in suggesting and implementing improvements
- Assist the lead developer with solutions design and implementation
- Research development improvements and keep up to date with the best software practices
What you need to be successful
- Degree in a relevant area including information technology
- Solid understanding of front-end technologies
- Ability to know the basics, HTML5, CSS3
- Testing tools experience
- Devops tools experience (Gitlab, Jira, Confluence)
- Expertise designing, developing and implementing high performance web applications
- Good understanding of responsive design, browser behaviour, and compatibility
- Experience working with responsive web designs and mobile web sites
- Experience with agile development methodologies specifically SCRUM
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal guidance and prioritise the handling of multiple activities at any one time.
Apply using the link below and for more information reach out to Dee Fitzgerald from the Talent Acquisition team for a confidential discussion.
No Agencies please at this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now