Job no: 504337
Work type: Full Time, Fixed Term
Categories: Finance/Accounting/Audit, Financial Services, Other Finance / Accounting, Payroll & HRIS, Treasury, Tax, Management Accounting, Commercial Planning, Credit and Fraud, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial Planning and Analysis, Risk Management, Revenue Accounting
Virgin Australia’s Group Accounting Services team have an opportunity available for a Group Accountant where you will responsible for month-end journals, variance analysis, balance sheet reconciliations and detailed P&L commentary. The GAS Team are responsible for the accounting of the costs of the airline across various portfolios including Payroll Accounting, Fuel, Catering, Airport and Maintenance costs.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our team’s genuine desire to be better. We are the Champions of Better.
Every person we come in contact with – our guests, our colleagues and the community – experience better based on the interactions we have with them. We are united by this purpose, our values and our vision to be the world’s most rewarding travel experience. Nothing can stop us. No one can hold us back.
We are unmistakeable. Unmissable. We are Virgin Australia.
Who You are:
- A people person. You collaborate and engage with the internal and external department stakeholders understanding relationships are key
- An organised multitasker. You pride yourself on your highly developed planning and organisation skills and ability to put your head down and work through any task.
- A team player. You work collaboratively to achieve the goals of the business.
- A stickler for detail. You have a strong eye for detail and can distinguish between facts, findings and conclusions, and routinely interpret data and provide insights
What you’ll need:
- Completed your CA or CPA
- Enthusiastic about working within group accounting and supporting an offshore team
- Confident with systems including the Microsoft office suite, particularly Excel
- An effective communicator, happy to assist your team and stakeholders at the drop of a hat
Ready to spread your wings?
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – submit an application via the link below.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Application close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now