Virgin Australia - Strategy and Planning Associate
Job no: 505401
Work type: Full Time
Categories: eCommerce, Finance/Accounting/Audit, Marketing, Network Management, Revenue Management, Consulting and Strategy, Public Affairs, All Resource Planning / Workforce Planning, Business Improvement, Financial Services, Digital, All Business Resilience / Crisis Management, Brand, Communications, Data & Analytics, Social Media, Torque, Other Marketing, Brand, and Public Affairs, Other Consulting & Strategy, Other Finance / Accounting, Other Network & Revenue Management, Payroll & HRIS, Process Improvement, Product Management and Development, Treasury, Tax, Management Accounting, Commercial Planning, Credit and Fraud, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial Planning and Analysis, Risk Management, Analysis and Reporting, Revenue Accounting, Business Performance
About Virgin Australia Group
What a great time to join Virgin Australia! With a strong market position and an outstanding leadership team, we are embarking on an exciting new chapter in our journey as we begin to recover from the impact of COVID-19.
Virgin Australia took flight under new ownership last year, with a renewed sense of identity and a focus on our mid-market heartland. We are more passionate and committed than ever to delivering the uniquely Virgin customer experience Australians know and love.
Since November, we have been re-designing our business for future success, ramping up flying, simplifying our organisational structure, growing our fleet, and delivering a deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
The objective of the Strategy and Planning Associate is to develop and embed group strategy, leading major cross functional projects, which are key to building a resilient and highly successful organisation.
The Strategy & Business Development group is a high calibre team that defines what winning looks like for Virgin Australia, solving important organisational challenges and enabling informed decision making. Reporting directly to the GM of Strategy & Business Development, you will work closely with the Chief Strategy & Transformation Officer and our commercial and operational business leaders.
- (Re)define how Virgin Australia will succeed in competitive and challenging trading conditions
- Identify, scope and support the delivery of major transformational initiatives
- Provide decision support in high stakes, high priority business decisions
- Apply critical strategic thinking to inform important short, medium and long-term decisions
- Identify and evaluate business cases for new business, scale-up opportunities and strategic alliances
- Financial analysis, including airline operating economics, to inform strategic opportunities
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
What you need to be successful
So, you've been in the corporate world for a few years and you're ready for a challenge.
If this sounds like you....
- Leadership by example and by innovative thinking
- Output and results-focussed
- A desire to deliver meaningful results and be part of a high performing team
- Flair and capability to analyse financial data and make substantive recommendations
- Complex financial modelling experience
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to communicate at all levels
- Time served as a management consultant or in an airline strategic planning function
- Knowledge of aviation economics and key success drivers
- Solid understanding of the competitive aviation landscape is advantageous
....then we want to hear from you!!
You’re a real team player, quick on the uptake and ready to grab this opportunity with both hands! So………
Ready to spread your wings?
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register your interest by applying via the link.
Virgin Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive culture and supportive environment for our people.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close : E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now