- Network Planner
- Southbank, Brisbane (flexible hours and flexibility to work from home 2 days per week)
- Full time, permanent position
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll be doing:
Due to an internal promotion, we have an exciting Network Planner role available. The Network Management team is responsible for the design, planning and implementation of the Virgin Australia Group route network. Our goal is to create and maintain a robust flying network and schedule, that positions us as the top choice for our guests, at the same time driving profit by aligning capacity with passenger demand, focusing on revenue generation, cost productivity and operational resilience.
The objective of the Network Planner, Network Planning & Analysis is to support the development of Virgin Australia’s network through:
- Taking ownership of the Network Planning process and ensure strong business engagement to achieve an optimal network outcome
- Effectively design and implement seasonal network & capacity plans
- Identify incremental earning opportunities through network & capacity optimisation
- Monitor route profitability performance and optimise capacity deployment for future seasons
- Responsible for analysing latest market dynamics, develop actionable insights and recommendation to the wider business
- Coaching and mentoring junior analysts
You’ll be great in this role if you…
We are looking for a well-rounded individual that has strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work with ambiguous information to extract meaningful insights, as well as being a proactive self-starter with an inquisitive mind. As the role touches every aspect of the airline business, exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills are vital to this role.
- 3-5 years’ experience in airline Network Planning / Air Service Development / Commercial Strategy & Planning / Management Consulting roles or similar
- Experienced in strategic planning, creating meaningful insights from multiple data sources and delivering results to key stakeholders
- The ability to translate insight from analysis into tangible actions and recommendations
- The ability to prepare and deliver succinct, easy to understand presentations
- Experienced in communicating effectively at all levels, including senior management
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to multi-task and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Tertiary qualification in Aviation, Business, Mathematics, Economics, or similar
- Expert user in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint (crucial to the role and tested throughout the recruitment process)
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Discounted flights for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- A flexible, hybrid work style. Work from home or the office, adapt your location to suit your style and needs
- One of Brisbane’s most admired head office locations, with South Bank train station, a supermarket, pharmacy, and lunch options downstairs plus a 5-minute walk to the Busway, a rooftop restaurant and onsite gym (with a low membership fee) and South Bank Parklands just across the road
- Discounts on travel insurance, lounge membership, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Cheaper hospitality, retail, technology, beauty and wellness services
- Free counselling and access to a wellbeing app to support your physical, mental, social and financial health
- ‘Dress for Your Day’ – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever makes you feel great for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you.
When everyone is included, everyone wins
We’re all individuals. And we love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.