Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
Who we’re looking for:
As the Optimisation Manager you will lead our digital channel Test & Learn program, driving measurable improvement to conversion, up-sell/cross-sell and customer adoption through the booking engine, website and app. You will be responsible for driving a constant experimentation pipeline that delivers commercial return and CX uplift.
As part of the Digital team, you will partner closely with commercial, technology, UX and data to build and run our test capability. Your solid experience in collecting, synthesising and analysing data to identify opportunities, assessing tech feasibility and coordinating multiple stakeholders will enable you to deliver real commercial outcomes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the digital channel test & learn pipeline, driving measurable improvement in conversion and average order value across fares and ancillary revenue
- Responsible for coordinating all test & learn activities including identification, prioritisation, execution, measurement, analysis and scaling
- Work closely with the commercial and digital teams to identify priorities, conversion rate improvement and ancillary uptake leveraging customer insights to strengthen commercial benefits
- Ensure best practice in terms of individual test design, set up and measurement
- Collect and review digital data to identify growth opportunities
- Ensure an always on test pipeline across multiple squads, ensuring optimal use of audiences to run concurrent yet non conflicting testing
- Identify the most suitable approaches to achieve conversion outcomes through test & learn
- Determine the test & learn plan and sequencing based on commercial opportunity, tech feasibility and team capacity
- Run reports and be responsible for presenting data and analysis to senior stakeholders
- Improve user experience to increase conversation rate and customer retention
- Use customer insights to deepen the experience to connect across the brand and work closely with the customer service team
- Track and analyse the growth impact to ensure experiments are delivering commercial outcomes
- Be responsible for data-driven decision making through analytics, financial and customer driven analysis
You’ll be great in this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in a digital optimisation role within an eCommerce business
- Experience using Adobe Test & Target or similar
- Familiar with digital analytics, able to pull insights from Adobe and other analytical tools to inform online priorities
- Understanding of the UX principles and user journey mapping
- Experience delivering improved conversation rate
- Experience working with complex technology products
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and uncertainty through scenario planning and risk management approaches
- Highly developed stakeholder management skills with ability to interact at all levels of a complex organisation
- Proficient in analytics and insight generation, ideally with Adobe Analytics and Power BI
- Adaptive to change and ability to remain positive in challenging situations
- Strong willingness to be a part of a team, with high collaboration, engagement and a positive mindset
- Recognised Agile product management qualification
- Airline and/or travel industry experience
- Experience with session replay tools and voice of customer data sources
- Knowledge of platforms used by our squads including Confluence, Jira, Teams, and Sharepoint
- Understanding of airline and consumer loyalty programs
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.