- 15 month maximum-term contract
- Brisbane based role with flexibility to work from home (must be able to come into the office 2-3 days per week)
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you’ll be doing
The objective of the Financial Accountant – Debt and Leasing role (internally known as Senior Treasury Accountant – Debt and Leasing) is to provide timely and accurate financial results and analysis relating to the Group portfolio of aircraft, property & other leases and debts. This will include a focus on developing new processes, which support the overall Group Finance objective of ensuring strong financial governance and controls. In addition, the role will support the Group Reporting team with the statutory reporting obligations of the Group and Velocity entities.
The Group Reporting team is a highly functional technical accounting and statutory reporting team that provides quality financial reporting to the Group, and specialised accounting over complex portfolios including Treasury and Velocity.
- Month-end accounting for the Group Leasing and Debt portfolio
- Assist in the development of financial processes to support the Group Leasing and Debt portfolio
- Proactively engage with the Group Reporting team to ensure deliverables are met on time
- Assist in the preparation of notes and financial statement mapping for Group statutory accounts
- Engage with external auditors to facilitate audit requirements
- Financial analysis
You’ll be great in this role if you…
- Degree qualified in Finance/ Accounting. CA/ CPA qualification is highly desirable
- At least five years post graduate technical accounting experience
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills and successfully communicate highly complex accounting standards to the wider finance and other internal teams
- The ability to collaborate with and influence key stakeholders of the role, including stakeholders across Finance and the business
- Intermediate – advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of AASB16 is highly desirable
- Previous experience with treasury, debt or leasing is also desirable
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Discounted flights for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- A flexible, hybrid work style. Work from home or the office, adapt your location to suit your style and needs
- One of Brisbane’s most admired head office locations, with South Bank train station, a supermarket, pharmacy, and lunch options downstairs plus a 5-minute walk to the Busway, a rooftop restaurant and onsite gym (with a low membership fee) and South Bank Parklands just across the road
- Discounts on travel insurance, lounge membership, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Cheaper hospitality, retail, technology, beauty and wellness services
- Free counselling and access to a wellbeing app to support your physical, mental, social and financial health
- ‘Dress for Your Day’ – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever makes you feel great for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you.
When everyone is included, everyone wins
We’re all individuals. And we love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.