- Permanent role
- Southbank, Brisbane location with some flexibility to work from home each week. Please note, this position cannot be performed from another State (even with commuting)
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you’ll be doing:
As the Category Manager (internally known as Category Management Specialist) within the Product, Brand and Services Portfolio, you will be responsible for end-to-end Procurement activities within this space. You will work with key stakeholders to understand relevant business strategies and objectives. You will develop and manage the development and execution of group-wide procurement category strategies focusing on delivering value for money from supplier arrangements in the short and long term, as well as risk management and compliance with procurement-related procedures and professional best practices.
You will translate agreed category strategies into a robust pipeline of procurement activities, covering short-term execution and longer-term planning. In addition, you will:
- Lead strategic sourcing and negotiations of complex, product and service arrangements to deliver better outcomes for the airline
- Effectively manage the agreements for strategic contracts, acting as the primary point of contact and monitoring and managing performance to ensure the services specified are being delivered in accordance with the terms of the agreements.
- Implement contract management processes that incorporate appropriate performance incentives and enable effective contract performance management.
- Develop and maintain outstanding relationships with business units and supplier stakeholders in order to drive process efficiencies and maximise benefits. Continually manage these relationships to ensure that an appropriate balance is maintained within each service agreement, between service quality and commercial objectives.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Experience in strategic category management across the end-to-end procurement value chain (demand, source, fulfil, manage)
- Have a strong demonstrable understanding of category strategy development and ability to articulate its alignment with overall business goals
- 3+ years’ experience in strategic sourcing, category management, and procurement experience, including at least 1 year in a Category Management role.
- Advanced influencing, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Possess strong leadership skills with demonstrable ability in running cross-functional projects/teams, delivering time-sensitive outcomes, and managing change.
- Experience in delivering strong commercial acumen and problem-solving skills, with a clear understanding of the drivers affecting the business, enabling assertive and effective guidance to business stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills using tools such as Excel to assess and interpret spend data to identify themes and trends.
- You are based in the greater Brisbane area, or you are willing to relocate to Brisbane
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
When everyone is included, everyone wins
We’re all individuals. And we love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.