- On-site position at Southbank in Brisbane, with some flexibility to work from home
- 12 month Maximum-Term contract
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you’ll be doing
The objective of the Business Improvement Specialist role is to support the review and simplification of end to end processes of all key Finance functions including, but not exclusive to, Month end close, Management reporting, Financial control, Procurement and Treasury.
- Review and analysis of current Finance processes and systems using a logical, systematic and sequential approach
- Ability to question current state, weigh relevance of information, understand interdependencies, evaluate alternative perspectives/ solutions and drive the implementation of improved end to end processes
- Working with internal teams, including Finance Systems, Robotics, BI, Risk and Legal as required
- Customer focus; anticipate and meet the needs of internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships, especially in challenging situations. Engages, inspires and empowers others
- Develop clear business cases for change. Document new standardised processes for business application
- Administration of concurrent project activity from ideation through to implementation and benefit realisation
- Timely and appropriate governance and risk management in regard to program of work including the production or reporting artefacts, managing blockers
You’ll be great in this role if you…
- Tertiary qualification in Business or similar
- At least 2 years' experience in Business Analyst role, Project Management role or similar (ideally within Finance, not IT)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: describes expectations, goals, requests, or future states in a way that provides clarity and promotes buy-in
- Experience developing business cases for change
- Advanced Excel, BI skills
- Ability to recognise a wide range of potential difficult issues, problems or opportunities and develop strategies in achieving the best outcomes
- Experience with applying timely and appropriate governance and risk management in regard to programs of work
- You live in Brisbane or you are willing to relocate to Brisbane
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Discounted flights for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- A flexible, hybrid work style. Work from home or the office, adapt your location to suit your style and needs
- One of Brisbane’s most admired head office locations, with South Bank train station, a supermarket, pharmacy, and lunch options downstairs plus a 5-minute walk to the Busway, a rooftop restaurant and onsite gym (with a low membership fee) and South Bank Parklands just across the road
- Discounts on travel insurance, lounge membership, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Cheaper hospitality, retail, technology, beauty and wellness services
- Free counselling and access to a wellbeing app to support your physical, mental, social and financial health
- ‘Dress for Your Day’ – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever makes you feel great for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you.
When everyone is included, everyone wins
We’re all individuals. And we love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.