Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll be doing:
As the Category Management Specialist within the Product, Brand and Services Portfolio, you will be working with key stakeholders to understand relevant business strategies and objectives. You will develop and manage the development and execution of group-wide procurement category strategies focusing on delivering value for money from supplier arrangements in the short and long term, as well as risk management and compliance with procurement-related procedures and professional best practices.
You will translate agreed category strategies into a robust pipeline of procurement activities, covering short-term execution and longer-term planning. In addition, you will:
- Lead strategic sourcing and negotiations of complex, product and service arrangements to deliver better outcomes for the airline
- Effectively manage the agreements for strategic contracts, acting as the primary point of contact and monitoring and managing performance to ensure the services specified are being delivered in accordance with the terms of the agreements.
- Implement contract management processes that incorporate appropriate performance incentives and enable effective contract performance management.
- Develop and maintain outstanding relationships with business units and supplier stakeholders in order to drive process efficiencies and maximise benefits. Continually manage these relationships to ensure that an appropriate balance is maintained within each service agreement, between service quality and commercial objectives.
Please note, this is a 12 month contract. However, we always endeavour to find ongoing employment within the business for individuals that are doing well in their roles. This is a Brisbane based hybrid role (3 days in the office and 2 days work from home).
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Experience in strategic category management across the end-to-end procurement value chain (demand, source, fulfill, manage)
- Have a strong demonstrable understanding of category strategy development and ability to articulate its alignment with overall business goals
- 5+ years’ experience in strategic sourcing, category management, and procurement experience, including at least 1 year in a category management role.
- Advanced influencing, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Possess strong leadership skills with demonstrable ability in running cross-functional projects/teams, delivering time-sensitive outcomes, and managing change.
- Experience in delivering strong commercial acumen and problem-solving skills, with a clear understanding of the drivers affecting the business, enabling assertive and effective guidance to business stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills using tools such as Excel to assess and interpret spend data to identify themes and trends.
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.