Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll be doing:
The Quality Manager is responsible for maintaining an independent Quality System and improve endorsed policies to assist the AMO to achieve its quality objectives of providing goods and services that meet the company’s requirements on time and cost effectively. This role sits under VARA (Virgin Australia Regional Airlines) and will have one direct report.
- Manage and liaise the working relationship with the National Airworthiness Authority
- Report all quality and compliance matters that could impact the VARA AMO operations to the Accountable Manager.
- With the Accountable Manager and Airline Publications and Compliance, ensure published manuals are kept up-dated. The VARA AMO governance policies and other documents (including this Maintenance Organisation Exposition), which define Company quality policy to meet defined standards (such as CASR Part 145, and if applicable ISO 9001) are also to be kept up to date.
- Ensure that procedures and processes are followed by monitoring and reviewing the company audit system.
- The assessment and approval of sub-contractors and suppliers and their associated performance.
- Report to the Accountable Manager on the effectiveness of the quality and safety management system & implement improvements.
- Proactively manage the development and training of the VARA AMO Quality Management System and Human Factors and Maintenance Error Management from a quality management perspective.
- Continuously review the status of this Exposition and carry out an annual review of VARA AMO procedures, in conjunction with the originator / person responsible for that function etc., to ensure continuing validity, relevance and accuracy in the light of the current scope of work.
- Control and issue all company authorisations to maintenance personnel.
- Monitoring and approval of the authorisation of Company personnel for inspection and certification functions and the retention of related records.
- Instigate a system of quality and safety oversight and control for the activities covered by the certificate.
- Promote the roles and responsibilities in respect of the safety policy, safety standards and safety culture of the organisation.
- Maintain an internal quality audit program covering the scope of activities for which VARA AMO and maintenance contractors are responsible. Raise audit reports and ensure timely closure of the findings.
- Carry out regular audits on suppliers including other maintenance organisations applicable to the supply of goods and services used by VARA AMO.
- Report findings on non-conforming activities, request corrective action and make observations and recommendations as appropriate.
- Maintain and update the Approved Suppliers Register.
- Investigate and raise defect / investigation reports (DIR) for relevant SDR’s made to CASA.
- Raise Quality Memos to highlight safety and quality issues in the VARA AMO, Maintenance Contractors and Suppliers
- Any other task as requested by the Accountable Manager.
- Maintain the Company Authorisation Register, Maintenance Temporary Locations Register, Single Event Authorisation Register, Approved Supplier Register etc.
Who we’re looking for:
- Quality Management qualification
- Minimum 5 years' experience Quality Management System activities
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of Manual of Exposition
- Demonstrated knowledge of CASR Part 145 and Part 145 MOS
- Experience in the development and management of a complex program of operational scheduling and management
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including report writing
- Investigation problem solving and analytical skills
- Aviation experience
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to);
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.