Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
Who we’re looking for:
An experienced Construction Project Manager who can deliver positive commercial outcomes on multiple and a diverse range of projects within the construction/fit out space, on time and within budget.
What you’ll be doing:
Providing construction project management services across a diverse range of project varying in scope, value and complexity across the Virgin Australia network. These projects can be Virgin Australia and/or Airport lead incorporating anything from small office fit outs right through to terminal redevelopments and everything in between.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Have a minimum of 5 years + Project Management experience
- Come with client-side experience leading the delivery of infrastructure projects
- Have worked with procurement and management of building contractors and the various forms of contracts
- Have proven success in managing small to medium range contracts
- Can confidently drive and build effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Have experience in working across multiple projects concurrently
- Are a natural problem solver and critical thinker
- Are confident using Microsoft applications including Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint (and other PM process documentation tools
- Have strong knowledge Aconex (desirable)
- Already have well-developed relationships with aviation regulators and other industry professionals (desirable)
- Have had previous exposure to project development planning in the aviation industry (desirable)
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply? We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.