Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
The objective of the API integration developer is to design, develop and maintain the core APIs and services under Digital domain in the Virgin Australia group. Reporting to Integration services lead and Digital domain lead, you will deliver a pivotal integration capability working with the internal teams and vendors on creation of new microservices and APIs using integration patterns in VA digital squad.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Integration Services Lead, Solution Designer, Integration Platforms team and Integration Architect to design the Core APIs and Microservices with a focus on reusability.
- Design and implement RESTful API services using Spring Boot and deploy in AWS.
- Plan and document technical specifications for features or system design.
- Write testable, scalable and efficient code and leading code review.
- Support and maintain the core APIs and Services (Operations).
- Monitor and manage microservices to meet SLAs.
- Configure alerts, logging, scalability for microservices using AWS services.
You’ll be great in this role if you have:
- 3+ years' experience in API and Microservices development using Java, Springboot in AWS.
- Experience designing and implementing integrations on microservices based architecture.
- Experience in using DevOps tools & frameworks for managing infrastructure as code (CI/CD) like CloudFormation, Terraform, Jenkins, Git etc
- Experience with systems integration, Springboot, APIs (SOAP, REST), API Management platform (Apigee), events streaming (Kafka) and containerisation (Kubernetes / Docker).
- Proven ability to learn new technologies including open-source and cloud native offerings.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies specifically SCRUM.
- Core technical skills, including;
- Modern Java (at least version 11)
- Spring Boot (at least version 2)
- Cloud technology AWS preferred
- Docker (building images, managing a Docker repository)
- Event Streaming (Apache Kafka)
- Messaging (ActiveMQ)
- SQL (Oracle RDBMS, Amazon RDS -Postgres)
- NoSQL (MongoDB, Mongo Atlas)
- Web services (RESTful, SOAP, HTTP)
- API Gateway (Apigee Edge or Apigee X)
- Knowledge of modern integration patterns.
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.