Marketing Specialist - Indirect Ancillaries
Full time, Permanent (2-3 days WFH)
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll work as a central part of the airline Direct Marketing team developing engaging marketing campaigns, primarily in the email channel. You are the custodian of our post-booking, pre-flight and post-flight communications when customers book with us through indirect channels, such as Travel Agents. We commonly call it our ‘guest’ direct communication experience. You’ll need to up-sell airline ancillary products for maximum revenue, and strike the right balance with customer experience. To do this, you’ll work right across the business with diverse stakeholders like Contact Centres, digital, trade, B2B, Velocity and Ancillary Commercial teams. Every campaign will be tested, tailored and segmented just for the audience.
- Articulate, socialise and iterate the strategy for Virgin Australia indirect guest communications. Implementing material change to the sophistication of our direct marketing to guests who book indirectly.
- Collaborate with the team and key stakeholders across the business to determine the appropriate communications in the guest program.
- Map the indirect customer journey, ensuring alignment across adjacent Velocity post-booking and trade partner communications
- Manage a backlog of activities and design tests to deliver always-on optimisation.
- Collaborate with product owners for ancillary products, Velocity and B2B channels on mutual strategic opportunities
- Design a cohesive experience, considering the other direct communications that impact the post-booking experience, like itinerary, flight disruption, re-accommodation and check-in
- Collaborate with immediate team and stakeholders to move campaigns from concept into execution, constantly ensuring a more seamless guest journey
- Develop, deliver and iterate the indirect guest lifecycle communication experience, from post-booking through to pre-flight and post-flight, applying the defined customer segmentation
- When delivering campaigns:
- For email channel develop campaign creative using Photoshop and Dreamweaver, involve studio as required
- Create campaign workflow targeting and delivery in Adobe Campaign, engage peers for QA tasks
- Manage stakeholder review and approvals
- Collaborate on offer design, configuration and fulfilment activities
- Results are always reviewed and considered when developing the next campaign
- Initiate technical improvements as required and collaborate with relevant teams for delivery
- Develop creative experiences that our customers will love
Who we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience in marketing campaign management in digital and direct channels
- Previous experience with Travel Agencies or the Travel/ Aviation industry will be advantageous
- HTML skilled and Dreamweaver (or similar) product training
- Hands-on experience delivering and optimising email marketing campaigns and automation from ideation to fruition and post-campaign reporting
- Experience with combining multiple data sources to determine campaign success and develop optimisations
- Direct marketing, author copy using the brand tone-of-voice guidelines
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams or agile squads
- The ability to get wide stakeholder groups excited and committed to new ideas
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to);
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.