Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
Who we’re looking for:
This is an exciting opportunity to use your Management Consulting skill-set, to provide support to both the Strategy and Insights Manager and the broader Small Medium Enterprise (SME) team. The role is responsible for supporting identification and delivery of key growth opportunities to drive our revenue line as part of our high performing team. In addition, supporting preparation of materials for senior leadership meetings including board and ELT.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide strategic and analytical insight to the SME business on all aspects of strategic initiatives.
- Identify and execute on SME strategic commercial opportunities.
- Develop and deliver strong customer value propositions for the SME segment both within the Airline and Velocity (as required).
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the business effectively
- Facilitate and lead meetings with limited support
- Support development of project plans, setup of governance and drive timely completion
- Develop, maintain and execute regular commercial reports to help drive the top line in SME (e.g., voice of customer, NPS, sales opportunities, share of wallet changes etc)
- Develop briefs for advanced analytics teams
- Support ELT reporting
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Relevant Bachelor Degree
- Experience in top-tier strategy/management consulting (3+ years)
- Experience in translating business questions into critical analysis to prove/disprove hypothesis
- Experience interrogating and analysing large bodies of data to generate actionable insights
- Excellent relationship and influencing skills
- Experience in preparing CEO/Board level presentation
- Competent user of Excel and PowerBI (or other relevant tools)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience operating with ambiguity
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and has the hunger and energy to ensure the business succeeds in delivering outstanding results.
- Experience with B2B or customer-centric businesses (desirable)
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.