Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll be doing:
This is a unique opportunity to join Virgin Australia. You will be partnering with key business leaders and proactively work together to create a high performance culture by planning and executing the people aspect of the of the business unit/divisional plan and strategy, aligning and embedding corporate people initiatives in a sustainable manner, delivering a leading edge consulting service on all aspects of human resources, employee relations, workplace relations, and organisational development.
Please note this role is a 12 month max term contract and can be based in Sydney or Melbourne.
- Develop a strong understanding of your client groups’ business requirements and strategy and establish yourself as a trusted advisor.
- Support the development of client group specific people plans to assist the business in developing culture, capability and a highly engaged and effective workforce to achieve business success.
- Develop effective and influence working relationships across all levels of management and with employee representatives and unions
- Investigating EEO Complaints e.g. Bullying, Discrimination, Victimisation or Sexual harassment
- Investigating serious misconduct/disciplinary matters
- Advise on outcome of disciplinary processes where termination of employment is a potential option
- Provide coaching and advice to management in relation to conducting employee disciplinary processes
- Represent the business during Fair Work Commission and Unfair Dismissal Applications – including preparing responses and advocating at conciliation conferences.
- Support the negotiation and implementation of enterprise agreements.
- Actively participate in relevant forums to improve Safety, Security, Resilience and Health and Wellbeing throughout the Group.
Who we’re looking for:
- Graduate or Post Graduate degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years HR leadership/experience, working in a fast-paced organisation
- A demonstrated ability to foster strong working relationships and work collaboratively with leaders and employees within a complex environment
- Strong commercial acumen and advanced communication skills
- Strong understanding of HR/ER/IR regulatory and compliance issues
- Experience in interpreting and applying Enterprise Agreements and Awards
- Proven experience in managing complex workplace investigations and disciplinary processes, ideally with exposure to a unionised workforce
- Experience in the development & implementation of policies and systems around people management and leadership
- Advocacy experience and appearance in tribunals such as the Fair Work Commission.
- Experience in leading or supporting the implementation of organisational change.
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to);
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.