- Rare opportunity to join rapidly expanding, much loved airline
- 18-month contract
- Flexible working arrangements available
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do
With the airline will and truly ramped up again, and a growing fleet of Boeing 737-8 and 737-10 aircraft (our fleet has already grown by more than 50% in the past two years, and we expect more to come) a rare opportunity has opened for a Fleet Engineer - Cabin Systems to join our team of Aircraft Engineers at our hangar in Brisbane.
The Fleet Engineer Cabin helps maintain continuing airworthiness through effective configuration control of aircraft cabin, initiating preventive or predictive maintenance strategies to improve aircraft technical dispatch reliability.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- have a qualification in Aircraft Maintenance at least at Certificate IV level, or
- have an Engineering qualification at diploma level or above in structures, mechanical systems or cabin systems
- have relevant training in the aircraft types operated by the airline (desirable)
- have 5 years relevant work experience and at least two of those working within in an Airline
- have knowledge of the regulations and standards applicable to aircraft maintenance programs and reliability programs
- have knowledge of the specifications and standards that are used to develop regular maintenance requirements for our aircraft types
- have knowledge of the our aircraft type’s structure and cabin systems.
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
We’re all individuals. We love that. And want we you to be yourself too. Whoever that is. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI community, and anyone else who wants to join our rich, diverse family.
At the Virgin Australia Group, the safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to be a part of Virgin Australia’s aircraft maintenance engineering team, then submit your application now for this exciting opportunity.