Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
The objective of the Senior Business Analyst role is to assist our Product Owners in bringing our Digital strategy to life by building features, products and experiences that our guests love. Sitting within Digital Squads, the Digital Business Analyst develops and improves processes to optimise Virgin Australia’s digital presence and performance. They will identify and define business problems and opportunities via in-depth investigation, gathering and documenting technical and nontechnical information, including current processes.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a strong understanding of Digital processes and Agile methodology. Experience in airline/aviation processes and technologies will be highly regarded. You will be a strong team player, and comfortable communicating to all levels across the business
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with business units to identify, analyse and document requirements, user stories and facilitate workshops
- Define the Business Analysis deliverables that should be completed as part of the squad and agree these with the Product Manager, Product Owner and/or Scrum Master
- Gain an understanding of the VA technology roadmap, individual division strategies and broader VA business strategies
- Author and update internal and external documentation (including Jira and Confluence), and formally initiate and deliver requirements and supporting documentation
- Work with product/project teams including developers, test analysts, UX/UI designers, BAs and architects using Agile methods to provide the most valuable solution to meet the business needs
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst and owning the stakeholder engagement, requirements gathering phase of a project
- Travel industry experience, understanding of core airline systems and understanding of IT security protocols is preferred
- Proven experience in analysing and documenting user requirements and business processes
- A proven ability to identify, build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders that result in client satisfaction
- Experience and confidence in liaising with stakeholders - at all levels
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.