Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re still here – you can’t keep a good thing down!
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand the landing bit is pretty important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that puts guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
With flights beginning to ramp up again, now’s the perfect time to join a great team in a role that’ll literally help your career take off.
Who we’re looking for:
Full time Crew Controllers to join our Crew Control Team in Brisbane.
Love problem solving and puzzles? Good with deciphering and applying process and rules? Keen for a role where no two days are the same and you are always learning?
We need driven, reliable, independent and resilient people to join the Virgin Australia Crew Tracking team. It’s a challenging role, with a lot of responsibilities – from ensuring our flights are crewed to handling disruption, to get our crew and guests safely to their destination, on time, every time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engaging Flight and Cabin Crew throughout the course of their workday
- Liaising with all areas of the Integrated Operations centre and Ports
- Handling our network around engineering and weather disruptions
- Ensuring Crew roster compliance
- Carefully maintaining our daily schedule (sometimes up to 500 flights a day)
- Work in different teams, make new mates, and have a great time doing it
- Loads more…
We’re looking for someone who…
- Is a self-starter
- Has brains AND personality
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer service environment
- Comfortable and confident in a Team environment
- Is legally able to live and work in Australia
- Is competent in both written and spoken English
- Can work a 24/7 rotating shift roster (including early starts, late finishes, weekends and public holidays)
What you’ll get from us:
Our people make Virgin Australia what it is. They’re the legends at Virgin HQ, the warm welcome at check in, the bright sparks who light up our aircraft cabins, and the cheeky grinning faces having a ball on the tarmac. In other words, the living embodiment of Virgin’s fun laid back, authentic spirit.
That’s why we’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Opportunities for career progression
- Robust training (No experience? No dramas!)
- Recognition program Virgin Flair program with ability to earn velocity points
- Family friendly polices
We are also committed to being a partner in your success. Whilst we are looking for independent learners and knowledge seekers, we will ensure you are delivered a robust training program, both in classroom and online to ensure you have the best start to your new career.
You might end up with a group title, but you’re all individuals. We love that. And want you to be yourself. Whoever that is. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, those of you with disabilities, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI community, and anyone else who wants to join our rich, diverse culture.
It’s kept us grounded for far too long. But we can’t ignore the impact it’s having, and will continue to have, in our industry.
At Virgin Australia, the safety and security of our people, guests and operations comes first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy’.
In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Please ensure you have read over the PD to get a really good idea of the ins and outs of the role.
PD - Crew Controller 29Oct18 (2).pdf
Ready to apply?
Read everything carefully, get your CV and references ready, fill out the application and submit it here.