Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you’ll be doing:
As a LAME you will be approved for the certification of aircraft maintenance in accordance with the approved System of Certification. You will report to the Senior Engineer and Maintenance Leader and be required to make determinations in regard to major defects and discrepancies, recognise and report unsafe conditions and conduct certification and supervision of maintenance tasks.
You will be required to participate in the delivery of quality services whilst maintaining a safe work environment for yourself and fellow worker.
To do this, you will be an appropriately licensed LAME on aircraft types maintained by Virgin Tech, have extensive industry experience in an aircraft maintenance role with the ability to display excellent analytical skills and have demonstrated supervisory experience.
You will also have a good working knowledge of HSE requirements, demonstrated experience in superior customer service practices and have the ability to communicate with all levels of the engineering team.
You’ll be great in this role if you have …
- Certified true copy of B2 licence
- Relative Type training certificate (737NG/MAX)
- Relative Difference training certificate (if applicable)
- Relative EGR Training certificates (if applicable)
- CASR Part 145 recognised HF Initial Training
You must be able to demonstrate recent certification experience of a minimum of 6 months in the preceding 2 years. This can be demonstrated through either a letter from your current/previous QA manager advising the number, type and length of QA approvals held or by submitting your current/previous employer Company Approval statement.
This position will operate on a rotating DDNN 4 on/4 off roster.
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Great work/life balance (4 on/4 off roster)
- Generous Leave policy, toll allowance and uniforms supplied
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.