Consumer Public Relations Manager
Brisbane or Sydney Location
Full time Permanent Opportunity
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
As Consumer Public Relations Manager you will support our external communications across a number of business functions at Virgin Australia and Velocity Frequent Flyer. You will champion proactive media engagement while supporting key publicity initiatives, event activations and sponsorships, as well as our leaders through profiling and internal communications. You will also assist with day-to-day media issues management, and crisis management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing and editing press releases, social media copy, pitches, speeches, scripts, internal notes to staff, briefing notes and related materials
- Managing internal and external issues critical to Group’s reputation and developing external and internal communications plans to support
- Driving strategic relationships with journalists and editors across the media landscape for the benefit of our public communication
- Drafting and proofing customer communications, including Guest Contact Centre scripting, email and SMS communications
- Planning, developing and managing events to support communication strategies and key sponsorships
- Delivering counsel to Senior Leaders on internal and external communication issues
- Supporting announcements through best practice communications planning and execution
What will make you successful:
- 5+ years’ experience in PR, social media, events and content or similar
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong relationships with media, influencers and key opinion leaders
- Passion for media and content and proficiency using major social media platforms
- Ability to build strong relationships with media
- Experience working in an issues rich, fast paced environment
- Communications degree (or equivalent) favourable
- Proven commitment to achieving outcomes with excellence and creative flair
What you will get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQIA+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
At the Virgin Australia Group, the safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.