- Job Number: 506066
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Brisbane
- Categories: Other Engineering, Airworthiness, Aircraft Maintenance, Stores, Supply Chain, Other Engineering Operations
About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates and premium leisure travellers. and holiday makers.
Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
The objective of the Senior Planner’s role is to ensure that the scheduled and unscheduled maintenance requirements of the Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd.’s fleet are carried out in a timely and efficient manner meeting CASA regulatory compliance and business requirements, and acting as the liaison between Virgin Australia Engineering, Approved Maintenance Organisations (AMO) and the Operations Group.
To maintain Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd.’s regulatory compliance by effectively implementing the airline’s Approved Maintenance Program and defect rectification, in a timely and cost-effective manner, devoid of maintenance overruns and undue restrictions on the operation.
What you need to be successful:
- Extensive Aircraft Engineering knowledge including use of Engineering Management Systems (preferably Trax)
- Aircraft documentation experience
- Working knowledge of the applicable regulatory requirements.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- A formal aircraft engineering qualification, tertiary qualification or equivalent
- Training design and delivery knowledge.
- Experience with multiple aircraft types and maintenance programs
- Computer literacy in a windows environment
- Aircraft technical skills in association with the types operated
- Training certificates for MS Project and TRAX
- Previous Aircraft Maintenance Planning experience
- Previous experience in an airline network operations role
- Experience in aircraft maintenance associated with similar types of aircraft operated
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register your interest today by submitting an application via the link.
Virgin Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive culture and supportive environment for our people.
"For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status."
Senior Planner PD.pdf
- Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
- Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend