Leader, Team Performance Integrated Operations Centre
- Newly created position within the Integrated Operations Centre
- Coach and mentor our IOC team members
- Role based at Brisbane HQ
As Leader, Team Performance, your role will be accountable for leading a cohesive, high performing team, integral in delivering safe, efficient and customer centric service. This role will be responsible for one of the three following areas within the IOC; Crew Tracking, Network Integrity or Customer Recovery.
The position is based at Brisbane HQ, Southbank and you will work closely with the Managers of IOC for one of the above departments.
As a Leader Team Performance, you will be responsible for:
- Leading, motivating and inspiring team members through meaningful interactions.
- Supporting a safe on-time performance (OTP) culture within your team and between team / departments / divisions
- Designing, delivering and monitoring team members’ Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensuring regular communication of operational and business-related information to team members.
- Leading consultation of WHS matters as related to your working environment
- Supporting the company’s and Aircraft Operations’ change management policies and processes
- Supporting IOC managers on HR related matters including recruitment
- Ensuring all team members complete mandatory training applicable to their roles
- Monitoring and managing team members Annual Leave accrual, balances and approvals in line with company and divisional policy to reduce the departments financial exposure.
What you need to be successful:
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and mentoring a team
- Extensive operational experience within an Airline IOC environment
- Interviewing, counselling and performance management experience
- Emotional intelligence: the ability to read, monitor and understand personal and crew behaviours and respond to effect positive outcomes
- Knowledge of Human Resources/Industrial Relations
- Intermediate level skills in productivity tools including as a minimum the MS Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint
What you’ll get from us:
- Great fares – domestic and international travel benefits for you, your family and your friends.
- Industry discounts – lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, and retail – you name it, we have a deal for it.
- Health and wellbeing – access to discounted fitness programs.
- Corporate health insurance – multiple offers across multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
- Diverse career paths and career development.
About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates and premium leisure travellers. and holiday makers.
Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to be a part of the Virgin Family, then we encourage you to submit your application now!
COVID-19 has kept us grounded for far too long. But we can’t ignore the impact it’s having, and will continue to have, in our industry.
At Virgin Australia, the safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy’.
In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.