Hello. We’re Velocity Frequent Flyer. And we’re back (in a big way).
With a year of ups and downs behind us all, we’re now ramping things up. Looking for new, come-as-you-are team members to join our fast-growing squad, responsible for rebuilding Virgin Australia’s loyalty program, currently 10 million members strong, and counting. That’s half of Australia!
If successful, you’ll be able to brag your heart out that millions of Australians have you and your team to thank for stacking up their Points and making getting back up in the air even more exciting.
Who we’re looking for:
Someone keen to join an award-winning and fast growing team and take one of ‘Australia’s most loved loyalty programs’ to the next level. Driven to take initiative, develop opportunities and work with good people, like themselves. We are currently looking for 2 Data Engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
Ever wanted to get given a project and be told to own it, run with it and make it yours? Well, here’s the gig you’ve been waiting for, where you’ll get the chance to do just that across a range of different projects (and teams) that only Velocity can offer.
- Work closely with DE and PM, to review data and analytical processes to understand opportunities to improve and simplify
- Work closely with direct manager, to build simplified, efficient and robust data and analytics processes to enable quicker delivery of higher quality insights and models
- Work closely with direct manager, PM and other DS leaders to integrate new technologies such as DataRobot into current DS operation
- Work closely with DE Leader, PM to plan migration of DS analytics processes to AWS
- Work closely with DS team to set up data processes to enable “new” exploratory work requiring data extracts from non-standard datasets (eg. web scraping, clickstream etc.)
What we are looking for...
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Engineering, IT or mathematics
- ETL planning and development
- Strong SAS Base, Macro and SQL programming skills
- Python programming on-premise and on AWS
- Understanding of AWS Big Data ecosystem (eg. Hadoop, Spark, Hive,Pig etc.)
- Understanding of analytics and BI (eg. reporting, modelling, dashboarding etc.)
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Design and development of SAS based ETL processes (min. 5 years)
- Design and development of automated flexible/robust ETL workflows (min. 2 years)
- Operationalization of analytical processes (min. 2 years)
- Migration of analytical processes from on-premise infrastructure to AWS (min. 2 years). More specifically migrating on-premise SAS based processes to AWS S3 and EMR (Spark/Presto) based processes using Python, Hive, pySpark, SparkSQL etc.
- Technical documentation (min. 2 years)
It is beneficial to have a...
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering, IT or mathematics
- Any further data engineering certifications in known cloud technologies eg. AWS, Azure, Cloudera, Greenplum etc. AWS certification preferred
- Deep working knowledge of Data architecture, Data management, Data Quality and Analytics
- Experience with Microsoft BI stack
- Experience with Loyalty and flight booking systems such as Sabre and Crane
- Experience with digital data
- Experience as an analyst
What you’ll get from us:
Only some of the best perks out there, like working with great people who support each other and shape awesome team culture.
Flight perks of course.
Being one of the founding team members in our new structure and venture that is set to see Velocity and Virgin Australia soar towards success.
And well, quite a bit more.
Want to know more?
Get in touch and we can go from there.