The Data Platform Lead will facilitate execution of business cases, delivery of projects, and manage relationships with key stakeholders and vendors within the established IT framework.
The objective of the Data Platform Lead role is to partner with business areas, understand their strategies and capability needs and manage the Data platforms that support them.
This role holds accountability for the services and life-cycle support specific to the Data Platform portfolio, including assessment of new or improved capabilities in line with Business strategies and the Technology Roadmap.
What we're looking for:
- Experience implementing and utilising data platform technologies.
- Hands on experience with AWS, Databricks, Data Streaming, Customer Personalisation Technologies
- Strong experience with designing, implementing and sourcing different data structures (eg XML/JSON/Parquet), in a wide range of data sources (IaaS services, on-prem relational databases, real-time queues), using multiple languages (eg. Python/SQL/Scala)
- Proven experience in portfolio management and managing projects
- Advanced analytics, Machine Learning and AI across broad sets of data is desirable
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline group that operates domestic and international passenger services, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
2021 is an exciting time for Virgin Australia as our tourism industry begins to recover from the impact of COVID-19. The Group took flight under new ownership last year, with a renewed sense of identity and focus on its mid-market heartland. We are ramping up our flying schedule as border restrictions ease, refreshing our offering to our core customers, and continuing to deliver the uniquely Virgin customer experience Australians know and love.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.