About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates and premium leisure travellers. and holiday makers.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
The Group recently appointed several new faces to its Executive Leadership Team, all with a proven track record and deep experience in aviation or consumer-focussed businesses.
About the role:
Virgin Australia is seeking to employ an experienced, self-motivated and passionate Injury Management Specialist.
The objective of the Injury Management Specialist role is to assist our team members to return to pre-injury duties in a safe and timely manner in consultation with all stakeholders.
Responsible for carrying out the Injury Management Process as defined by the VAA Rehabilitation Management System of Virgin Australia Airlines Safety Systems Department. This position commands a high degree of veracity and technical ability with the overall goal to maintain effective Return to Work rates and influence claims cost.
The position is based at Melbourne Airport and within this role, you will work closely with the Leader, Group Claims. Rehabilitation
The position is built around several pillars inclusive of:
- Ensure all legislative requirements of claims are implemented as per Comcare and traditional scheme requirements
- Implementation of Virgin Australia’s Comcare Rehabilitation Policy and VA Injury Management policy
- Establish and maintain firm relationships with external resources, Comcare/Agent, Occupational Rehabilitation provider, Axis onsite physiotherapy, Treating health professionals, rehabilitation providers
- Establish and maintain firm relationship with internal resources, Leader / RTWC, injured team members, Injury Management Specialist
- Development of RTW tools and resources
- Ensure Injured employees and Leaders / RTWCs are receiving up to date information
- Develop and implement new systems to support and enhance injury management within VAA
- Develop ‘best practice’ business processes
You will find further information on the key responsibilities in the attached position description.
You will possess:
- Certified Return to Work Coordinator
- Comcare trained
- Relevant tertiary qualification – Allied Health
- Broad experience gained managing workplace injuries
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships internally & externally
- Effective communication
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong team player
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Empathetic nature
- Demonstrated administrative and technical ability
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships at all levels
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Comcare and traditional schemes
- High understanding of medical terminology
- Good understanding of WHS
- Operate calmly under pressure and manage stress effectively
- Remain flexible and supportive of change
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail with the ability to prioritise efficiently
For further information about the Injury Management Specialist role, please refer to the position description.
If you are ready for your next challenge, then we encourage you to submit your application now!
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.