- Be a part of Oracle ERP Transformation Program Team
- Flexible work arrangements
- Work within fast paced dynamic environment
About the role:
As part of the Oracle ERP Transformation team, this role will provide crucial support in the delivery and management of the program. This role encompasses project management, budget and forecasting, program governance and strategic reporting.
**This is role would be ideally based in Brisbane or Sydney, but happy to consider someone in Melbourne. We're looking for hands on PMO expertise with more than 6-8 years PMO Manager experience.**
- Manage the program plan, including effective management of risks, issues and dependencies.
- Support all aspect of ERP governance.
- Focus on simplification, integration, and standardisation to drive optimal project outcomes.
- Plan integrated project schedules, including vendors and internal teams.
- Be responsible for the ERP forecast and maintenance of financial accuracy.
- Ensure compliance and achievement of milestones.
- Manage program resources across Virgin, the SI and all other vendors.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Extensive experience in an IT project management and/or principal program officer role
- Proven skills in project governance, planning, financial and resource management.
- Previous experience managing a program office/program portfolio.
- End-to-end project management skills (essential).
- Ability to establish methods, tools and practices to support an integrated program office.
- Airline experience beneficial.
- Skills in vendor management and multi-tasking.
- Working knowledge of interpreting contractual terms and conditions, including payment milestones.
- Team collaboration focus.
- Driven to achieve the best outcome.
- Resilient attitude.
- Adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of different project methodologies as they relate to a large program.
- Proactive approach to managing risks and resolving issues.
- Degree in project management (desirable).
About Virgin Australia:
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.