Accounts Payable Officer
Job no: 505645
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Accounts Payable
The Accounts Payable team support the efficient operation of the Accounts Payable functions of Virgin Australia Airlines. You will be responsible for day to day processing and monitoring of accounts payable activities ensuring the delivery of quality outcomes by providing support, advice and promptly resolving escalated problems and issues.
- Data entry of invoices
- Matching invoices to purchase orders and ensuring the goods have been receipted and orders appropriately authorized
- Follow up the Business for any outstanding Purchase Order approvals
- Preparing invoices for applicable payment runs
- Filing, answering and resolving vendor queries via email and telephone
- Reconciling statements monthly
- Cross training within Accounts Payable to ensure coverage across all task types
- Ad hoc Accounts Payable related functions requested by management
- Vendor Set Up
- Employee Expense Claims
- Supporting project and accounts payable teams around process improvement projects and implementations
What we’re looking for:
- Strong understanding of the Procure to Pay value chain, including inter-relationship between systems, processes and user experience
- Experience working in a rapidly changing environment whilst implementing new systems, processes and workflows
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High Level of attention to detail
- High level of experience using Microsoft suite of products
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
About Virgin Australia Group
What a great time to join Virgin Australia! With a strong market position and an outstanding leadership team, we are continuing our exciting new chapter in our journey, as we all continue to recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
Since November 2020, we have been re-designing our business for future success, ramping up flying, simplifying our organisational structure, growing our fleet, and delivering a deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
We are a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues, and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which will include being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before the deadline for your work group and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close : E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend