Reporting to the General Manager of Sales you will lead the Inside Sales function, driving inside sales for Mid to Large-Market, Groups and Trade. The objective of the Manager, Sales (Inside) role is to develop and execute the Corporate Tele-sales strategy for Virgin Australia. This role will lead a highly process driven team of Inside Sales Executives and includes the management of sales systems and frameworks to ensure optimal customer and organisational outcomes. This role will also have the responsibility of increasing Virgin Australia’s share of Group travel within Australia.
Key role responsibilities:
Position Inside Sales to achieve sales budgets and growth in revenue and market share
Lead highly efficient corporate tele-sales operations that underpin overall Sales group optimisation
Lead and Coordinate sales process and technology projects to meet tight deadlines
Use customer and reporting insights to drive continuous process and engagement improvements within Corporate & Group sales
Develop and implement best-in-market Tele-sales delivery framework
- Lead the scoping of technology to support the ongoing management and enhancement of the Inside Sales functions
- Research and discover innovative methods to improve Corporate Sales call centre (outbound) & Group Sales efficiencies and effectiveness
- Drive and improve team engagement, fostering a positive supportive, collaborative and proactive work culture, providing coaching, mentoring, development and training opportunities for all team members
- Support the Sales strategy to drive improved market share for accounts within the Inside Sales portfolio’s
What we're looking for:
- Extensive outbound call centre (Corporate) experience
- Ability to develop highly-process driven teams and frameworks to support high customers volumes
- Strong call-centre leadership experience and ability to manage varied responsibilities
- Knowledge of travel / airline business and industry
- Demonstrated results in highly process-driven commercial environments, including revenue and/or P&L accountability
- Experience managing teams within lean, agile environments
- Strong ability to manage project workload and competing project priorities
About Virgin Australia Group
What a great time to join Virgin Australia! With a strong market position and an outstanding leadership team, we are embarking on an exciting new chapter in our journey as we begin to recover from the impact of COVID-19.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues, and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.