About the role:
As the Senior Payroll Officer, you will be responsible for accurate and timely end-to end payroll transaction processing. Provide crucial support to the business and team, while coordinating payroll related activities. Join a fantastic, collaborative team.
You will be responsible for:
- Timely and accurate processing of end-to-end payroll in Oracle.
- Process new starters, terminations and redundancies.
- Process varied pay cycles, including weekly, fortnightly and monthly.
- Proactively resolve any payroll errors to maintain an accurate database.
- Coordinate the day-to-day payroll processing.
- Ensure payroll EFT payment deadlines are met.
- Provide support to the junior payroll officers.
- Comply with procedures and policies.
- Participate in EOY activities to ensure the company meets its taxation and legislative obligations.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives and projects (as required).
What we're looking for:
- Demonstrated experience in a high-volume payroll environment of at least 2000 employees (minimum).
- Ability to manage varied pay cycles.
- Payroll supervisory experience (essential).
- Oracle Payroll experience (essential).
- Skills using time and attendance systems, preferably Sabre and/or Geneva.
- Ability to interpret complex Enterprise Agreements.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- High attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Positive and resilient attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced understanding of PAYG, superannuation, payroll tax, salary sacrifice and other deductions.
- Qualifications in HR/Finance/Business (desirable).
About Virgin Australia:
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
Since November 2020, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff who commence prior to 15 November 2021 will be required to comply with the Policy which will include being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before the deadline for your work group and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.