The Manager Digital Portfolio Planning will lead and manage the planning, portfolio management and performance across Virgin Australia’s customer-facing Digital ecosystem. This includes strategic alignment, setting objective key results (OKR), backlog prioritisation, sequencing, investment cases and benefits realisation.
In this newly created role you will partner with Product Managers and senior stakeholders across the Virgin Australia Group to ensure that Digital investments deliver maximum value for our customers, our people and our business.
The role reports to the General Manager Digital & Distribution and presents an exciting opportunity to join our growing team of Digital professionals - making significant change to the VA Customer journey and our business overall.
Virgin Australia is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates, premium leisure travellers and holiday makers. The company is in the midst of a significant transformation program, with Digital and Technology investment seen as a key enabler for future growth and customer advocacy.
Key role responsibilities:
- Drive and support the alignment of initiatives with business strategies, functional plans and OKRs
- Ensure strategies and objectives have clear linkage to product roadmaps, initiative portfolios (squads) and major platform delivery
- Lead and facilitate – using Agile principles - the prioritisation of initiatives in close collaboration with senior business stakeholders and Product Managers
- Define and manage the prioritisation framework and planning cycle to be used across the business - supporting Product Managers to apply resources, make trade-off decisions and deliver value at scale
- Critically evaluate and analyse business requirements ensuring alignment with transformation roadmap and schedule of work
- Lead regular performance/progress forums with key internal stakeholders and external partners
- Highly developed stakeholder management skills with ability to interact at all levels of a complex organisation
- Prepare Board papers and materials for executive leaders to assess performance and make critical investment decisions
- Lead business case development in close collaboration with Product Managers, IT teams, Finance and business stakeholders
- Facilitate and champion the use of enterprise systems and tools to plan, deliver and track progress including but not limited to ARC Transformation tool, Jira, Confluence
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience in mid-senior level role in CX, product development, digital or technology
- 2+ years experience working in agile environments
- Demonstrated track record in delivering complex projects and/or transformation programs
- Proven experience in business performance reporting for senior-level audience
- Relevant background in strategy, finance or portfolio delivery
- Airline, travel industry or loyalty program experience is desirable
- Data mining skills are also an advantage
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share a unique flair and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.