About the role:
Provide the best-in-class digital merchandising experience that our customers will love. With the customer’s experience in mind, you will set the overall strategic direction for digital merchandising across VA.com’s digital platforms to maximise fare product sales and cross sell of ancillary products across digital assets. You will also develop and optimise revenue earned through direct distribution or meta search partners through a seamless merchandising experience and products offered between 3rd party channel partners and the VA.com booking experience.
- Be responsible for the overall digital merchandising strategic direction, performance and positioning of products featured on digital platforms.
- Develop cross-sell and up-sell strategies across fares and ancillary products to reach revenue and conversion targets.
- Optimise the merchandising strategy through testing and implementation activities.
- Respond to conversion insights and opportunities through customer segment analysis, booking trends, data insights and web analytics.
- Proactively identify opportunities for growth/decline based on factors including market trends and competitive landscape
- Provide merchandising guidance and mentoring to the Ancillary Products Specialist team.
- Develop and manage 3rd party direct channel commercial partnerships for quality new traffic and increased revenue through metasearch partners, affiliates and closed user groups.
- Manage ongoing traffic optimisation to ensure strong conversion rates and a positive customer experience.
- Identify and manage roadmap of new distribution and technology capabilities via API or other means to ensure all commercial partners have the most effective digital capabilities to sell VA.
- Develop direct channel partnerships through campaign and ongoing promotional activities.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong digital experience working in E-commerce, website and APP.
- Proven experience in driving online sales and achieving targets with a focus on the customer experience.
- Working knowledge of meta search partners (essential).
- Background working in airline commerce, online travel agencies or online travel aggregators (essential).
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to collate and convert data to actionable insights.
- Understanding of personalisation capabilities to bring the right merchandising opportunities to the right customers.
- Understanding of travel products and distribution of rich content, inventory and pricing.
- Proactive and strategic attitude.
- Technical understanding of Adobe suite of products including analytics and test/target.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Digital Marketing/Ecommerce
About Virgin Australia:
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff who commence prior to 15 November 2021 will be required to comply with the Policy which will include being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before the deadline for your work group and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.