Senior Business Analyst
Job no: 505396
Work type: Max Term
Categories: Business Analysis
About the role:
The Senior Business Analyst plays a key role in the delivery core projects in our Technology Team. A main focus of the role is documentation of requirements (functional and technical), process mapping and developing current and future state processes. Experience in financial services system integration will be of benefit. This is a fixed-term role until June 2022.
- Gather and document functional and technical requirements.
- Identify process improvement through evaluation of data.
- Conduct process mapping / modelling activities for multiple projects.
- Work with vendors and technical teams to elicit and document system requirements and ensure quality and fit for purpose solutions are delivered.
- Extract and migrate data from the legacy system, as well as assist with identifying data cleansing solutions.
- Ensure on time completion of BA project deliverables.
- Timely resolution of issues.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of precise delivery plans for project.
- Maintain ongoing stakeholder engagement.
- Translate technical requirements for non-technical stakeholders.
- Lead workshops to determine “as is” and future state of systems.
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience as a Senior Business Analyst.
- End-to-end project management skills.
- Strong documentation and analysis skills.
- Consultative approach to work with all stakeholders, including development and testing teams.
- Experience with integrations and data migration, preferably in financial services.
- Previous experience with Oracle Fusion ERP (Finance, Procurement) implementations (desirable).
- Airline experience and knowledge (beneficial).
- Strong stakeholder and communication skills.
- Strong ability to self-organise and prioritise multiple projects.
- Excellent presentation and workshop facilitation skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Project Management and Enterprise of Project Management and Architecture frameworks.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Industry standard Business Analysis certification
About Virgin Australia:
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff who commence prior to 15 November 2021 will be required to comply with the Policy which will include being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before the deadline for your work group and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close :
Back to search results Apply now