The objective of the Marketing Specialist, Commercial Partnerships is to manage a portfolio of commercial partnerships across a range of categories including sponsorship, brand and strategic partnerships. This role will develop and implement a business plan across their portfolio, focused on achieving business objectives, striving for continuous improvement and maintaining strong partnership relationships, with the goal of being considered a partner of choice.
The Virgin Australia Commercial Marketing and Operations team is consumer-centric, putting the consumer at the heart of everything they do. The Virgin Australia marketing team strives to find a better way, makes bold decisions, and is always proactive. We strive for clear communication by “having the conversation” in the right way, at the right time, with the right person, and we believe in proactive growth and development for all team members.
Key objectives of the role:
- Produce and implement business plans for each partner within your given portfolio
- Be the key relationship owner of strong working relationships with partners, including sponsor partner, industry partners, strategic suppliers/partners and other key relationship assigned to you for management
- Key relationship owner for external partners and suppliers
- Own partner engagement and joint marketing plans
- Manage the development and implementation of Comms plans, Campaign Briefs/Production/Implementation, for both above and below the line
- Own relationships with internal departments including Sales, VFF, Revenue and Public Affairs
- Manage and report campaign KPIs
What we are looking for:
You will have worked or be working in fast paced marketing role, with a background in sponsorships or in a creative agency. In addition you will also have;
- Proven experience within a commercially focused environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Overall budget preparation, implementation and monitoring experience
- Campaign management experience through a variety of channels and mediums
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder engagement at a senior level
- Advanced knowledge of integrated marketing communications and campaign management
- Strong understanding of creative & media agency processes
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.