Assistant Cost Accountant
The objective of the Assistant Cost Accountant role is to provide accurate and timely accounting support and services, ensuring that transactions are recognised in accordance with Group Accounting policies. Primarily, this role will see you supporting the purchasing team. You will be a natural investigator and some who enjoys deep diving into data. If you are looking for a pathway into an accounting role, this role could be ideal for you.
- Prepare month end information relating to the purchasing activities
- Identify purchasing accruals and cost incurred.
- Validate purchase orders and validate invoices.
- Respond to all queries from operational business area, including finance and suppliers.
- Build a working relationship and liaise with the purchasing lead
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Commenced or completed accounting related degree.
- Deconstrued systems abilities.
- A high level of computer literacy, including intermediate Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Proven ability to work to strict deadlines with adaptability to changing priorities.
- An eye for detail and ability to efficiently analyse information.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
2021 is an exciting time for Virgin Australia as our tourism industry begins to recover from the impact of COVID-19. The Group took flight under new ownership last year, with a renewed sense of identity and focus on its mid-market heartland. We are ramping up our flying schedule as border restrictions ease, refreshing our offering to our core customers, and continuing to deliver the uniquely Virgin customer experience Australians know and love.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues, and our wider community.