Job no: 505270
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Financial Services, Other Finance / Accounting, Management Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis
About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
The Finance Partner provides effective planning, analysis and advice on all financial aspects within the portfolio of departments. With a commercial focus this role will ensure the initiatives and processes are in place to deliver the business unit requirements and targets. This is a key role, reporting to the Finance Manager, Commercial within CFO.
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of the management packs for the portfolio
- Deliver budget and forecasts in a timely manner that meets strategic and financial deliverables for the portfolio
- Maintain a solid working relationship with Group Finance and key external stakeholders
- Provide commercial and strategic support to the Senior Management Team in relation to financial targets, efficiency and delivery of key business priorities
- Monitor and appropriately challenge senior leaders on business performance and forecasts to drive to agreed targets, reduce conservatism and increase accuracy
- Delivery of internal/external benchmarking & ongoing performance assessment against key competitors
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in commercial finance type role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable systems abilities and a high level of computer literacy, including Advanced Excel spread sheet and financial modelling
- Exceptional stakeholder management and relationships skills
The company is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates, and premium leisure travellers. and holiday makers.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close : E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now