About the role:
Work on various projects and initiatives for the Customer and Product teams. Write documentation and process improvements, as well as baseline system configuration.
The objective of the Business Analyst is to define business problems and opportunities via in-depth investigation and gathering of technical and non-technical information for that area.
Once the issue is clearly understood, they will outline the detailed requirements for a solution and ensure the delivered solution meets those business requirements. They will help marry together the IT and business process aspects of the operations bridging the gap between IT and the broader parts of business.
- Work on mostly Waterfall projects for the Customer and Product teams, including asset management and hardware and software upgrades.
- Work with stakeholders to capture requirements.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Analyse and communicate requirements on a regular basis, as well as maintain reports and adherence to processes.
- Documentation tasks.
- Conduct process mapping/modelling activities.
- Assist in the implementation of delivery plans for each project.
- Ensure on time completion of project deliverables.
What we're looking for:
- Proven experience as a Business Analyst.
- Skills in analysing and documenting user requirements and processes.
- Consultative approach across project delivery.
- Proven experience working on large and complex projects.
- Experience liaising with development and test teams.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- In depth experience in process re-engineering techniques and modelling skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Project Management and Enterprise of Project Management and Architecture frameworks.
About Virgin Australia:
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
The company is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates, premium leisure travellers and holiday makers
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff who commence prior to 15 November 2021 will be required to comply with the Policy which will include being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before the deadline for your work group and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.